Thirty three years ago today I experienced something that to that point in my life was probably one of the most if not the most challenging experience of my 18 years of living. David reported for his mission to New York, New York City. David's folks wanted to drive him up to the MTC and they invited me to come along, I went of course, to this day I am mixed if it was easier or harder that way.
We went up 2 days early so David could go through the Salt City Temple which he did. I loved being with him and his folks, but man the morning of his reporting was so hard. I did my best not to cry until we left the MTC, but on the drive home I am sure Dad Daniel thought at times he just might be flooded right out of his car. Between Mom Daniel and myself it was, as I can look back on it now, sad and funny. Mom would get all weepy and I would cheer her up and then I would get weepy and she would cheer me up all the way home.
| David and I outside of the MTC |
| Dad & Mom Daniel and I Needless to say I am so happy that is behind us now. We have sent off a missionary son of our own and it was not any easier to say the very least..... |
![]() |
| Elder Tyler Wayne Daniel |

No comments:
Post a Comment