Sunday, June 3, 2012

date night.....

David and I have a set date night, we have for a very long time. Early in our marriage we started going out on Friday night and we still do. Very seldom do we let anything interfere. Last night we had a yummy dinner at Rumbi's Hawaiian Grill, the food there is yummy! We ate on the patio and the evening was lovely! After dinner we ran an errand for todays work in our yard then off we went for ice cream, while getting our ice cream we had an extra treat. We came outside and found a vintage firetruck in the parking lot. One of our daughters in law works for the AJ Fire department I kept thinking of her thinking she would get a kick out of this vintage truck, so I went up the the people sitting on the runners of the truck and asked if I might take a picture, I was given the go ahead and so I did. The owner of the firetruck gave me a bit of information about his truck; I found it to be so interesting. I worried at first about being a bother to him and his family as I found out they were, but David let me know that those who restore these vintage autos love to show them off and to talk about them. Lauren this is for you! 
vintage firetruck
It sure was a fun evening.....
ps: it helps if I hit publish

No comments: