so many fathers to be thankful for, David; the father of my children, Wally; my father, Charlie; David's father, Tyler & Leland the fathers of my grandsons and there are so many more. I am blessed to have so many wonderful men be a part of my life. It seems kind of sad that we have only one day year set aside to honor them all. I suppose it is a good thing that I attempt to honor them always.
 |
David, Bryan & Carter We had a beautiful day, I had invited our children and our parents over for dinner to celebrate "Fathers Day". Tyler and his crew were all sick so they did not make it, Leland's little man was not doing so well so he was not too sure, my mom called before church and said they would not make it and David's folks declined because his mom is recuperating from major surgery. |
 |
Wally (my father)
I went from thinking I was going to have a house full to a much smaller group. After church my mom called again and said they would be here after all and Leland and his family were able to make it. (I have learned to be very flexible). |
 |
Leland & Lauren
We had a lovely dinner, we grilled hamburgers and brats, per David's request, we had pasta salad; (thanks Lauren), we had watermelon, chips and for desert compliments of Ashley, (thank you) we had yummy chocolate chip cookie sundaes with tie sugar cookies for all the men! |
 |
David, Charlie, (David's dad) & Gene, (David's brother)
After we had all finished with our dinner and visited for not near long enough David & I took dinner over to his folks. We had a lovely visit with them. It is hard to see our parents suffer and even harder knowing that we can only do so much to help.
I am thankful to a loving Father in Heaven for blessing me with all the wonderful men in my life.....
|
 |
Carter enjoying one of Auntie Lalee's cookies..... I just had to add this picture..... |
No comments:
Post a Comment