Yesterday morning bright and early I took David to the airport, he was traveling to Minnesota for work. Around noon I heard from him and they had not even left Phoenix yet, 1:30 rolled around and they were St. Paul bound.
You would think then that the next time I heard from him he would of been in St. Paul, not so, he was back in Phoenix, so I asked what the heck? He then went on to tell me that about 35 to 40 minutes out of Phoenix the pilot came on and said that they were having trouble with their instrument panel and were instructed to return to Phoenix. They then circled the Phoenix valley for 30 minutes or so to burn off some fuel so they could safely land.
Once back in Phoenix they were told they had to get a new pilot and crew, I believe the pilot was done. The next time I heard from him it was 6:30 pm and he was still in Phoenix, I asked how he liked being held hostage at Sky Harbor airport, he did not think I was too funny!
The next time I heard from him it was 7:20 and they were boarding the plane. He pretty much spent his whole day hanging out at the airport. What a frustrating day it was for him. He arrived in St. Paul 11 hours later than he was supposed to..... glad it was not me, I think I would of just gone home.....
2 comments:
yeah. sounds awful! What airline was this?
It was US Airways! We are in hopes of his return flight being a better experience!
Post a Comment