Back in November and December we painted our home, at the time I was still a little undecided on a choice for a new door. We really needed one, the one we had was ready to be retired.
So my quest began. I was looking everywhere. I was driving David crazy, he says not, but I know the truth. Lets be honest, I was making myself a bit crazy. One day while spending a bit of time on Pinterest I found the door I wanted. Wow this door was BEAUTIFUL SOLID WOOD and it did not look like every other door in the neighborhood it was perfect for my home. I figured the cost and decided I was just going to have to save for it. ( I had after all just purchased my new dining table and chairs/benches). So the wait began. Sometime in February I was doing my check book and banking on line as I usually do, when this little sign popped up and said points are about to expire. I had never paid any attention to this in the past but I gave it a look. I was not really sure if this was for real, but it was on my banks secure site. So I kept going only to find out that I could exchange points for gift cards and they had them for Home Depot, the very store that I could special order my door through. So long story short, the gift cards came in about 10 days and I ordered my door. It is beautiful and makes all the difference in the look of my home. I only had to pay to have it shipped and I had to purchase the hardware, you know the hand set and all. Ashley's honey Nick has experience is installing doors, lucky for us so He, David, Leland and Bryan installed our door. I love it, I love them! I think my home looks so much better....... I know I like the look.....
 |
| old door out..... |
 |
| bye, bye..... |
 |
| here it comes..... |
 |
| here's a look..... |
 |
| this picture is so hard to see, it really does not do justice..... |
 |
| another view..... |
 |
| one last look..... |
what do you think? It really does look better, right?
4 comments:
I love it! It looks great!
it's so pretty.
i'm kind of obsessed with doors.
Love it!
I love it too!!!! I think we need to come visit you!
Post a Comment