This may seem so minor to some but to me this is HUGE!!!!! I have a new Washing Machine!!!!!! The saga began almost 5 weeks ago, I went in to change the wash to the dryer and my front loader was flashing several codes at me and none of them were good. I proceeded to call the warranty department and was given a repair date that was 6 days away. When was the last time you went to a laundry mat? If you have not been in awhile it can be a scary place to say the least! I thought oh, a couple of loads will not be too bad! Hah what was I thinking? The morning of the repair I received a call from the scheduler and was informed that from the codes I gave them the repair tech said he did not have the needed parts, mind you he never came and looked t the unit itself. I was then told it would take 5 to 7 days to get the parts in, I am not too sure where the parts were coming from, but I have order things from the East Coast and they get here in a couple of days. So off I go again to the laundry mat, again not a fun place at all. I ended up doing laundry at the laundry mat for 5 weeks total it took this long for the company to decide they could no longer get the parts for my machine. Have you ever bought an extended warranty and then wondered if it was really worth it? Well let me say that this one really did pay off. We bought one when we purchased our front loader machine and it is a good thing, seeing as how my machine could not be repaired I was sent a debit card with the purchase price I paid for my original machine loaded on it, so Saturday evening David and I went shopping for a new machine. I, being the thrifty shopper that I am had done my homework and checked out online the one I wanted and found that Home Depot had it for about $90 less then Lowes so off to Lowes we went armed with the info for the one I wanted. Lowes did have one in stock and they not only matched Home Depots' price they beat it by an additional 10 percent off!!!! Score 1 big one for us, we made money on our new machine, (we still have some $ left on the debit card we were sent). It has now been delivered and I am doing My laundry at My home once more!! Life is good!!! I will not take for granted again being able to do My laundry in My home again. I love my new machine and I am so thrilled that I did not have to pay for it!!

4 comments:
Its not just 5 weeks though right? It broke a few years ago too and it took forever for them to come and fix it.
You are correct Angie, it was about 2 years ago, and it took a couple of weeks! I am hoping for better this time around.
Nice. I think I need to save up for a front loader. Glad you are able to stay home in your jammies to do your laundry :)
Got your message on our blog. Love you too and miss you!
So many people I know who have bought those front-loaders have had so many problems! I kind of like the top loader (laundromat style) washers... You are also right about the laundromats here in AZ. They are scary..
Its funny when we were living in Irvine, CA, we got really behind on our laundry and needed to find a laundromat... we had to drive to a different city because nobody in Irvine was "ghetto" enough to need one I guess! And in Tustin where we went, it was scary too... :)
Post a Comment