it is hard to come back to reality after 9 beautiful days in the mountains! All summer I have been awaiting our annual trip to PineTop, I love it up there, I could spend hour after hour sitting on the front porch and just enjoy Gods' creation!
We got off to a rocky start, we found out the morning of our departure that we needed new tires on my car, (Cody at discount tire took care of us) not to be deterred we handled that and were on the road just a couple of hours later than planned
David & I went up a day early with my folks, we had such a good time. I just had to take pictures of the declining temperature and send them to the kids to show them what they had to look forward to, it was rapidly going down as a storm moved in as we made our way up the mountain.....
 |
| it was 100 degrees when we left the valley..... |
It rained on us most of the way to the cabin, it was glorious! My favorite time of the year to be up there is the months of July and August, it rained on us all but 2 of the days we were up there. I just love the thunder storms!!! It is heavenly to say the very least.....
 |
| storm rolling across the meadow..... |
The rest of the family came up as soon as they were able. Bryan & Tarra his girlfriend came up first then Ashley & Nick, followed by both of our daughters in law and our three grandsons to be followed by our two oldest sons the next night. Oh I so love having my family all together at my folks place. We have such a good time, it is hard to come home. We play games, watch old movies, have water fights, read books that we don't make the time for, play in the meadow and just hang out on the porch.....
 |
| Grandpa and Uncle Bryan dong activities with the little guys..... |
David and Bryan started a project on Tuesday, they began work on a "Trebuchet", it kind of became a family project, mom & dad provided the lumber, David bought the hardware, Bryan bought the canvas for the sling pouch and I designed the pouch and sewed it up, they had such a good time working on it and then of course trying it out, this will be used for summers to come for sure....
 |
| David, Bryan and Nick along with the trebuchet..... |
I started on a new quilt, it is a vintage pattern; "Dresden Plate" I am doing hand appliqué, it will be so beautiful when it is done.
 |
| dresden plate..... |
I also started a new pair of socks, I am trying a new pattern and it is a toe up sock.....
 |
| toe up socks..... |
Sunday before leaving to come home we all headed up to Diamond Creek and spent the morning there, it was so beautiful the summer rains have greened up everything, we had a wonderful time there.....
 |
| Diamond Creek and the human chain..... |
I love family vacations, summer storms the cabin.....
 |
| Ashley & Nick..... |
 |
| Leland, Carter & Lauren..... |
 |
| Tyler, Angie and Little David..... (Jeremy was sleeping) |
 |
| David & I..... |
 |
| Bryan..... |
it will be hard waiting for next summer and our next family adventure.....
No comments:
Post a Comment