| first pair of booties with my new pattern..... |
Thursday evening I went with my sister Sharon to a knitting group she belongs to. It was such an enjoyable evening, it took me back to my childhood and the memories are sweet. When I was a little girl my mom, grandmother and aunties would get together at grandma's home to quilt, as the adults and older girl cousins quilted us younger ones would play with the handmade dollies under the quilt. The women would visit sharing thoughts recipes and solving the problems of the day, all the while I would feel such a sense of safety there under the quilt knowing that these wonderful women in my life were in charge. I felt a bit like that as I listened to these women at the knitting group. Such a sweet and simple time, thanks Sharon for inviting me and yes I would love to visit again.....
1 comment:
I hope those kinds of things make their way from one generation to the next, or we will be losing something very precious. Your post reminds me that we need to get back to basics and remember that sometimes face-to-face is better than all the technology.
Post a Comment