Sunday, August 7, 2011

Catching Up.....

The last week of July we spent our usual family week at the cabin in Pinetop!   It was so fun. David & I were the first to get there, then Nick & Ashley arrived, followed by Leland, Lauren and Carter, along with Angie, Little David and Jeremy.  The next day Bryan & Tarra along with Ryan & Calie arrived. Tyler was not able to make it up until the weekend. (We were so glad when he arrived, it just is not complete until we are all there!)

The weather was perfect, it rained a little almost every day and a couple of days it our right poured. One of our most favorite things about being up there in July is all the rain.  We love to sit on the porch and watch the storm clouds roll in across the mountain and meadow then just open up and pour. The sound of thunder the smell of the forest after the rain is like Heaven!!! 
We took walks, went hiking, bike riding, shooting and spent time just catching up with each other.  
 I always take something to work on, this year I took along my needle turn appliqué that I am working on, I am making a "sun bonnet sue" quilt! When I am finished with it I want to put in my guest room. Ashley brought along a project also, thus the grandchildren and their beanies!

This year we went and spent a day with Nicks Mom and sister in law at the Homestead, we had a total blast while there.  Bryan even declared that Nick is like" Macgyver" in his own way!   A good time was had by all. We launched home made rockets, played on the rope swing had a yummy lunch and then waited for the storm to pass before heading home to Pinetop.

Time seems to go by too quickly while there, I find myself wishing I could slow it just a little so we can all enjoy being up in the mountains just a bit longer. I feel so blessed to be able to spend this uninterrupted time with my family.
Nick & Ashley on the porch

Carter

Jeremy sporting the beanie Auntie Lalee made for him

Little David

Tarra, Carter and Bryan on porch, must not forget Mddisen (our dog)

David, Jeremy and Little David

1 comment:

Amy from Our Dish said...

Ashley those beanies are TOO CUTE! I want to see the rest of them (and learn how you do it!)