Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I have missed a few.....

Mesa Arizona Temple
Today I am thankful for the blessings of the Temple! last night I was able to go through the temple with my daughter, what a beautiful night it was. So many of our family and loved ones were there. David, Tyler, Angie, Leland, Lauren, Ashley & Nick, (of course) my Mom, Dave, Terri, my sister Sharon, her husband Dean, two of there three daughters, Cheryl, Karolann, her husband Mikey and  Chole, and so many more of Nicks family were there. To be able to share this moment with them was precious to say the very least.  I am thankful for the sealing powers that the priesthood and the temples bring to families.

After the temple session just about all of us that were at the temple went to eat at one of our family favorites; Mi Amigos, it was crazy for them, they had just sent home all bout one cook and all but 2 of their wait staff and here we come with 30 people, we had them hopping. The food was great as always.

I had a treat while at the restaurant, a very good friend of mine passed almost 14 years ago and one of her sisters was at the restaurant and she came over and we were able to visit for moment or two, it was sweet. I miss Monica and I can not even imagine how much her sisters and family must miss her. Another reason for my thankfulness for the sealing powers of the temple. Our Father in Heaven does so love his children.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I have slacked on my own blogging and reading the blogs of others. It was SO good to see you on that special night for your family. I often think of Monica's friends.

I just posted to Jeannie Reynold's blog and told her you all should have a "Monica's Friends" reunion and invite us! Monica had a way of making you part of the family...or were we part of the friend group?