Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Road trip.....

     This past weekend, I had the opportunity to take my parents along with two of my older sisters up to Fredonia Arizona so my Mom could celebrate her 80th birthday with her twin brother.  I had so much fun, I am not sure where to begin. First it is fun to travel with my family, I love it so much. I do all the driving of my parents van and they all take their places in the back, I do know where the term "back seat driver" comes from for sure. They try their best to let me drive and not tell me how, sometimes tho' they do slip.  
     We left Friday morning right after rush hour, so 9:00am, I have never seen traffic like I did on Friday, there were times when I had to creep along at 30 miles an hour even tho the posted speed was 65 or 75, I did get a bit irritated at that.  It took us 7 and 1/2 hours to get there. I was so glad to get out of the car for sure.  We stayed at Mom's twins home, he is single and we love staying with him. I think he just might enjoy us being there also.  
     My sisters and I stayed up late talking most of the night Friday, I am sure we only slept for 2 or 3 hours, we were really tired on Saturday, it is so fun, we get to laughing and talking so much, that our folks come and join us. I am sure this is the closest to a slumber party that Uncle Coran comes to. He laughs right along with us.      
     I took Ashley's quilt along with me so I could get it marked and ready to quilt, well, I just about ran out of my marking pencil so we found a fabric store inside an Ace Hardware store, I know very odd, but they had some real neat fabric and for sure we all bought some fabric. I will use it later in another quilt. I can honestly say that this is the first time I have shopped for fabric in Ace Hardware. 
Saturday evening was the dinner and desert for the birthday twins, a good time was had by all. So much good food, family and visiting, we did not want the evening to end. I am getting to know my Fredonia cousins so much better as I take my parents up to visit with them all. What a blessing to have so much wonderful family.            
     Sunday morning we woke early and got on  the road seeing as how Uncle Coran, mom's twin had bishopric meetings at 8:30.  It only took us 6 hours to get home compared to the 7 and 1/2 hours to get up there. I am certain that we will have many more road trips, my other siblings would like to have a turn going along.

here I am with my oldest sister Sharon 
    

No comments: