Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween.....

     This past Monday evening we had our annul Halloween chili dinner with pumpkin sugar cookies to decorate and pumpkins to carve. I started doing this when my children were all small. I would put on a pot of homemade chili beans and make fry bread for dinner before David & I would take the kiddo's out to trick or treat. As the years have come and gone it has evolved to what it is today. We have a fire in the fire pit, we sit around and enjoy each others company we eat and eat and carve pumpkins, decorate sugar cookies and just relax. I try and do this the Monday before Halloween or sometimes the Saturday before. I like to leave Halloween night for the little ones to go trick or treating. 
     I love fall and the cooler evenings, it makes it easier to pretend that it will not be hot for ever here in the valley of the sun.
     Here a just a few pictures of our get together.

Nick & Ashley with their pumpkin
Little David with the jack-o-lanterns
the crew at work  (it was getting too dark outside)

No comments: