Tuesday, April 13, 2010

San Diego.....


This past weekend David & I had the privilege of attending the wedding of one of our nieces. It was so wonderful, it was in San Diego, my second most favorite place to visit! As always we had so much fun just being together and being in San Diego. None of our children were able to attend, not to worry tho, were most certainly were not alone, oh no my parents were with us. They really should not be driving especially for that distance and in the traffic there, so they were with us. David was the driver. Some how or another our auto ended up being the auto with all the brides grandparents in it. My I say here that I am truly married to the most wonderful man, really I am. He had more than enough help driving the freeways of southern California, all three of the grandparents took it upon themselves to make sure he was doing it right. David deserves a medal as far as I can tell, he let them all go on and on while he quietly maneuvered through the streets and freeways of California. He is a keeper for sure, any lesser man would of, on more than one occasion asked them to remove themselves from the car, of this I am sure!


We stayed in the old "Imig Manor" in San Diego, back in the day it was The place to stay and been seen at. We found some wonderful info about the place, it was fun learning about who stayed there, and all the events that were held there. We found a ticket stub for the New Years Eve event from December 31st 1957,(before my time) and the ticket price was $2.50 to get in and another $12.00 for a champagne and steak dinner. They had a big band and all the works, very cool .We were in the King Suite in the main building and it was lovely, the rest of the family stayed in one of the outer buildings so we had some very needed alone time, I just love a get away with my Honey!

No comments: