Sunday, April 18, 2010

Busy week.....

Where to begin, boy has this been a crazy busy week here at the Daniel home!! I started it off with helping to orientate our wards new Relief Society President, I was released on Sunday after 5 years of doing the calling. I really could write about my feelings and all that has been going through my mind this past week as I knew my release was coming, but it is bitter sweet and I just can not go there. I have come to truly love the sisters of my ward and I will miss all the close interactions that I have had with them and the sisters I was blessed to serve with. Onto the next big adventure, I was Ashley's helper with 2 cakes that she was doing for the week, oh no it is not over yet, Thursday we celebrated Bryan's 18th birthday and David's 5oth! We have had a difficult time finding an evening to hold our traditional family birthday dinner so Tyler and Leland took their Dad and Bryan to lunch for their birthdays and I was invited to tag along. It was so fun to get together with my boys. We will have our family dinner on Monday night. I am sure I will have more to say about my boys then. Busy yes but not over yet!
My birthday boy Bryan, hard to believe my baby is now 18! Where oh where does the time go?
One of the cakes I helped Ashley with, my niece Cheryl was married last weekend and her reception was this past Friday night here in Mesa, Ashley made this cake along with the sheet cakes to go with it. Very very nice if I do say so myself.
As I was working in my garden on Friday I found that my grape vines, which I planted summer of 2008 are covered with little grape clusters, this is the first time they have done this, I am so pleased, I hope they are allowed to ripen and mature, birds leave them alone please!
These little beauties came from my garden, I want to tell you they are the sweetest radishes I have ever eaten, I am not the only one who has said this.
My other birthday boy, with David turning 50, I just could not resist throwing him a surprise party, and a surprise it was. It took so much planning and a lot of out side help to pull it off. I am so grateful to all who helped me with the planning and preparing of his party. The cake he is holding is the other cake I helped Ashley with this week, boy it was fun. Just keeping David from finding out what we were working on was so challenging. It was all well worth it in the end. I was in hopes that he wold not be too unhappy with me for throwing him a party, he is very content to not be the center of attention, but I just had to do it. We had all of our children here, our parents, our siblings and their spouses, our home was full of love and laughter! The surprise look on Davids face was so worth all the effort, Ashley was taking pictures then and I do not have one of his first reaction yet. I am thinking maybe just maybe this next week might not be so busy and crazy, we will just have to wait and see what unfolds!

No comments: