
Conference has come and gone once again. This being said means we have taken our annual trip to the cabin to enjoy the beauty of God's country and listen to conference on the radio. (not sure just how many people do this any more?)Dad & Mom came with us along with Tyler & his family, Leland, ( Lauren was not able to come with us, she was working), Ashley & one of her roommates,
Chole, Bryan & his friend Sam, David & I. An illustration of "opposition in all things": the radio station kept dividing itself between conference, some talk radio and a rock station, it was an experience for sure. We had a great time any ways. I will say that this was one of the coldest weekends for Conference we have spent up there, (you could wear a coat and not sweat while wearing it). We played hard and slept very little,

who wants to sleep with all the family around to visit and laugh with? Along with conference we did some motorcycling, we took long walks, and David attended my class reunion with me, (what a sweetheart he is, this is not his bag for sure). I went to school at Blue Ridge High my junior year of high school. I had never attended a reunion for school and it was so fun.
We all have changed but then not, our looks have changed a bit, but it seemed like the years just fell away, like we had been seeing

one another regularly for the past 30 years. It was fun! I saw friends, some of which I had not seen for over 30 years. What a long time that is, tho' while we were together it seemed like only yesterday. I have been told that the first few reunions after graduation are not so fun, people still trying to be the "One" like during high school, so this one was great. We just all talked and caught up on what we have all been up to in life. The laughter was so great, we laughed till our sides hurt and tears fell.
1 comment:
Well that sounds fun! My ten year reunion is coming up and I definitely feel that pressure of still being in high school, probably why I won't go. :) I hope Lauren is doing better!
Post a Comment