David: hi hon how are you?
Me: not very well (in a very shakey voice)
David: what is wrong?
Me: there is a scorpion on the loose in our car
David: a what? how did it get there?
Me: ( refer to the above story)
David: laughing.......
Me: are you laughing at me?
David: yes, I'm sorry
Me: no your not
David: it is pretty funning when you think about it.
Me: I'm thinking about it and do not find this funny, I do not want to be lunch for this thing.
David: Hon it is smaller than you
Me: as if that makes any difference
David: are you going to be ok?
Me: do I have a choice, I can't walk home it is too far.
I then call Tyler, he has lived with the things before in his home. He ask the same questions as his father. He then asks the color of the thing I tell him and he gets quite,( this is not a good sign), I ask if that is a bad thing and he says not too bad. I am going to be lunch is all I can think.
I park my car outside of the garage (do not want the thing in my home if I can help it) I take everything out so it has not additional hiding places and begin the wait for David to get home.
He was home a little after 5:00 pm and off he went on a scorpion hunt so he could rescue me. He is looking in the very back first and I tell him where I last saw the thing, he then starts to look in the back seats and I go and open up the passenger door behind the driver and there the HUGE thing is, it was right behind me all the way.... to say I screamed a bit loudly is putting it mildly. Poor David about had a heart attack just from my scream. He then came and stomped on the HUGE thing and disposed of it in the trash. He is my HERO. My garden is now planted and we are anticipating a good crop this fall.
5 comments:
That was the best story I have heard in a long time and I only laughed a little bit. I couldn't have driven home with it at all if it makes you feel better. I once almost got in a car accident because a locust flew in my car through the window.
I found this story quite hilarious. Your husband seems to be about as comforting as mine does in times like those.
That is just plain freaky. If it makes you feel any better, my husband would have been laughing too. Next time, give me a call and I will come pick you up.
holy cow. i would have screamed too!
Hi Lawanna...I found your post through Taryn (Starks) Choate, and thought I'd drop in and say "hi". Hope you don't mind. Love the scorpion story, and especially the dialogue between you and David! Hope you and your family are well. Boy, it sure is true, when they say "Life comes at you fast". Take care! Lisa Jackson
Post a Comment