Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Family get-away.......

We are home from a beautiful weekend at Grandpa's cabin.  It was so fun to have the whole family there.  It all started Friday evening with everyone meeting at our home, then we traveled up to Pine top, the closer we got to the mountains the happier we all were.  It is amazing to me to feel and see the changes in all of us.  We have such neat memories of the "cabin" it  is a     favorite destination for most all of us.
    

 We had 8 motorcycles with us and we put them to good use on Saturday.  We started early that morning and rode most of the day. I even got on Corinne's 150, I have not ridden a motorcycle by myself since becoming a mother, (other than a quad). It was an experience to say the least.  I crashed 2 different times and I have a huge bruise to show for it.  I am a bit sore but other than that I am good.  The men ride so hard, they do jumps and go up steep 
mountains that I would never consider attempting.  I love to watch them ride. We were able to get little David on a quad and he went for a ride.  Tyler & Angie did some riding as well as Ashley, Chole, Teri, & Corinne.  The guys out rode all of us.  No outing is complete without a trip into town for parts, I had to go into Show Low this time.  I believe next time we will bring extra clutch and brake levers with us.

Sunday was a great day, it was cloudy and breezy all day, Ashley took little David out to the meadow and they played hide and seek in the tall sunflowers.  He had a ball.  We really just took it easy all day long.  Sitting on the porch and enjoying God's beautiful work, (it is really challenging to come home after such fun with family and great weather).



Coming home on Monday was difficult, none of us really were ready, not that we ever are.  Leland and Ashley both had classes starting and had to be there at 6:00 pm. We really did not have a choice.  The thought that keeps us going is Conference is just 4 weeks away and then we can scoot up there for one last go round before the cabin is closed up for the winter season.  Ashley and Chole were helping the gas mileage by doing a bit of flying on the way home.  It was really great watching them from behind.  Now it is time to get back to the grind stone.  We will all look forward to many more family get-aways, at least I most certainly will.  I love being with my family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great opportunity to get all your family together, and be able to go OUTSIDE because it's not so hot!

Tyler said...

It was a ton of fun!

Stephanie said...

I didn't know you had a blog! Come visit ours.

The Allen's said...

Lawanna, howdy. this is kelyn kivett allen. I found you on taryn choates blog and I added you to mine cause i always think about you and then here you were. :) anyways, good to see you....and sorry about that scorpion.