Monday, March 17, 2008

I''m back!!!!!!!!!!!

What a week this has been, I have returned from my trip to New Mexico and it was such a great trip. I am not really sure where to begin. I meet 2 cousins that I knew nothing about, they are just great, I had such a great time in their home. Emmelene and Kathleen, they are 3rd and 4th cousins of mine. The information that they have is so dear to me, I can hardly wait for it all to come in the mail. We spent several hours with them on Monday and Tuesday, then we spent a couple of hours on Tuesday as we were heading home, with some of the tribal leaders in Laguna (the reservation) looking for my Great-Great Grandpa Burgess grave, they are still looking for us. Kathleen and Emmalene have pictures and they are sending me copies, I can hardly wait. I have pictures and stories to share, much was learned and seen, I love this family history bug that I seem to have. I am working a huge jig saw puzzle and it is great.
I am so thankful for David's support as I work on this, it is so important to me. I love him so much.

1 comment:

angie and tyler said...

I am so happy for you. Finding those cousins and so much of the family tree is an amazing spiritual kind of feeling. I am so proud of you and all the hard work you are putting in that benefits us all. Thanks mom.