Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Found a new Aunt

     Boy what a week, I have just found out I have an Aunt that I knew nothing about.  I have been doing a lot of family history this past year and a half.  Last week as I was working at the family history library I came across an entry with my Grandpa Burgess's name on it so I did some further checking and came to find out that my Dad has a half sister and she lives in Sandy Utah.  I have an Aunt Susan!!! What a surprise, I have been conversing with her for the past week now and it is a real learning experience.  I am anxious to find out all I can.  
She says she met Grandpa when she was in grade school but did not know him very well.  I will tell her that none of us really knew him well.  She knew that she had 2 half brothers and that Grandpa has some indian heritage.  That has been the total extent of it for her.  I have much to share.  I have asked Grandpa to get in touch with her, she is a part of his father after all.  I am not so sure that he is ready to do this just yet.  I think it would be neat? Not sure since I have not been in that spot myself.  I love being able to do this work, it is so rewarding, and I am beginning to feel a connection to this relatives that I do not really know so well, I feel like I am doing a giant puzzle as I work on it.  
     Next week Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt Robyn and I are making a trip to New Mexico to see what we can uncover there about our ancestors.


No comments: