It has been a long time since my last post, I keep thinking I will blog more often, but it doesn't happen.
This past weekend David & I went on a rode trip, I love road trips. We took this trip to celebrate David's birthday. We decided to explore southern Arizona, I have not done this and David had only gone with the scouts. So we took off Friday morning. We took the back roads, as in the roads less traveled. We sure have some beautiful scenery that I have not known about. We found so many little quaint towns, some were looking pretty tired and worn, but still fun to see.
Our ultimate destination was Tombstone, can you believe we had never been there? We found it to be quit the place to visit. We watched a reenactment of the "Shoot Out at the OK Corral ", it was fun to sit there among people from other countries and listen to there take on our history. We want to go back when it is not so hot. ( Last weekend it was in the low 100's, this weekend it is to be in the low 80's who would of thought?) It was so much fun to just get away, our phones did not ring off the hook, as it were. We visited Bisbee, this town it built right in the side of the mountain, really it is a canyon it is built in and the canyon is called Tombstone Canyon, We want to go back to and spend more time exploring Bisbee also.
| In the town to tough to die, this was part of the reenactment of the "Shoot Out at the OK Corral" |
| Bisbee |
| Here I am sitting in a carriage from the 1800's |
| sitting in a car from the 2000's I might just add that this one is a better ride. |
If you ever get the chance to go and visit these places I say you will not be sorry!
2 comments:
How fun! Glad you guys could get away!
That looks like lots of fun :) Someday, TJ and I want to do a roadtrip around AZ and visit all the little places. We love visiting some of the places up North too.
Post a Comment