Friday was a busy day, we were finally gong to celebrate David & Bryan's birthday, I say day not days because they are born on the same day, (how cool is that). This was the first chance to get the whole family together.
First thing Friday morning I was in my kitchen doing my friends hair when I looked out the window and saw what at first I thought was the biggest pigeon I had ever seen. Thinking to myself that David was not going to be very happy about yet another pigeon when the bird turned around and I saw a long beak and found myself looking at a mallard duck, then I saw not one but two. What the heck are they doing in my back yard you might ask? They were enjoying the cool of our shade and pool I suppose. They stayed for about 30 minutes just preening themselves and visiting, or what ever ducks do. They then flew the coop when a jet passed over head.
| The ducks..... |
Second on my list was to get the pork roast into the oven for its long cook time, I was making Costa Vida Pork, we love to make tacos or salad. Then I needed to start on the Key Lime Cheese Cake, not one but two, that Bryan requested. Ashley supplied me with the recipe, thank you so very much! I always ask the birthday boy or girl what the want to eat and what they want in way of dessert. David & Bryan both like Costa Vida Pork and David let Bryan choose the dessert, it all turned out so tasty.
Thirdly we had all our children and Bryan's honey with us plus David's folks and mine, we had a house full. We spent our time inside and out by the pool. The pool must have been inviting because when I went out I found one son and two grandsons in the pool with their clothes on having a wonderful time.
Thirdly we had all our children and Bryan's honey with us plus David's folks and mine, we had a house full. We spent our time inside and out by the pool. The pool must have been inviting because when I went out I found one son and two grandsons in the pool with their clothes on having a wonderful time.
By the end of the evening all 3 of my grandsons had gone into the pool.
| Leland & Carter enjoying the pool, little David is not too happy in the back ground..... |
I love family gatherings, I love that they enjoy hanging out with their dad and I. Family is one of Fathers sweetest blessings on this earth!
| Tyler with the boys as they are drying off..... |
No comments:
Post a Comment