Wednesday, September 21, 2011

60 years.....

This past August the 4th my wonderful parents celebrated 60 short years of marriage.  Wow!!!!! What a wonderful example they are for us all.  My siblings and I threw them a party and it was so great.  I have wanted to blog about it for awhile but was waiting on pictures to put with it. We sent out 250 invitations a goodly number of the 250 came the night of the event. There were only 2 their grandchildren not able to be with us.  We had all kinds of yummy food to eat and my daughterAshley our resident pastry chef made the most yummy of cakes for the event. 
I believe we all had a wonderful time as did my parents.
Valerie and I surprised our folks by singing for them a song that is very dear to
 our family members hearts.
The song is one our daddy would sing to us children before he would leave to go railroading during the summers when we were young. He was an Engineer for the Southern/Pacific RailRoad. He has requested Valerie and I sing it at his funeral when that day comes, it will be hard to do, but we will do it. He had tears in his eyes as we sang for them. I have been so blessed to have the parents I do.


Dad & Mom

Dad, Mom, Sharon, Robyn, Pam, Lawanna, Janet, Leland & Valerie
(we are here in our birth order)

Valerie & I singing Daddy's favorite song.
"She was the Baby Daughter of A Railroad Engineer"


No comments: