I think of all that goes with life & living and I think one of the most challenging for me is the act of loving and then the thought of losing of the ones we love. I know this makes little or no sense but to me it means a lot. These past couple of weeks have been a learning experience for me. Bryan went in for a routine physical and before we left the Dr's office we were informed that he needed additional blood work done at the lab. Our Dr. thought Bryan might have a blood disorder that could possibly be life changing for him, and maybe the rest of the family as well. I have talked very little of this for a couple of reasons: 1. being that I cried when I did speak of it, 2. we were not sure if he had it or not. I found myself wanting to keep him as close by as possible, (this is not so easy with a 17 year old high school senior) but I tried anyway. It took me a couple of days to convince Bryan that we really had to get the blood work done, we finally did. The challenging part then began, waiting for the results to come it, it felt like forever to be sure. During the waiting time I turned to my Father in Heaven and prayed for peace and healing not only for myself but for Bryan, he so needed it. I fasted for several days as we went through this. The feeling in our home was changed during all of this. I wonder sometimes if events like this are not only for the one who is being tested but for the rest of us to strengthen our Faith and Testimonies? I know it has made a difference in me. This past Monday morning the Dr. called and let us know that Bryan is totally fine, he had no reason for the change, I myself know what the difference was and is, prayer and fasting. I have such a testimony of these two principals they are a powerful force if we will just utilize them.
No comments:
Post a Comment