Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom.....


This past Saturday evening David & I, Gene & Julie and Roy & Deanna all got together with the boys folks to celebrate Mom's birthday. Her birthday is really today the 31st of August but Saturday evening worked better for all of us, Dad & Mom are heading up to Snowflake today, they have someone wanting to look at their home up there and they are really wanting it sold (we are all praying it will sale). We ate at a yummy chinese food place called J&K Gourmet Chinese, it was quit tasty and the place was calm enough that you could talk with one another and really hear what was being said. It is so fun getting together with the family, we just don't have a chance to do it often enough any more.
After dinner we went back to Gene & Julie's home and had cake and ice cream. If I do say so myself the cake was the best cake I have had thus far that my Ashley has made, so very yummy and pretty also. Mom loves lemon, so Ashley made this lemon cake with a lemon filling that was to die for, their were 4 layers and then she put the finishing touches on it and what a work of art. I have included some photos so you can all see. I only wish you could taste the cake.

Mom with her cake made by my Ashley

the cake, need I say more?

1 comment:

✩Molly✩ said...

that is such a cool idea to use biscotti around a cake! :)