
All my growing up years all I ever wanted to be was a Wife and a Mother, I am so very thankful that Father in Heaven has allowed me the privilege of these desires of my heart. I tell will David that I am not sure what I am to be or do when our children are all grown and do not need their mother any longer. David, (groaning) starts assuring me that they will always need me no matter how old or grown up they are. He even tells me just how much he needs me. (I guess I need to hear this now and again). This past Mother's Day was so great, I came down stairs Sunday morning to find a beautiful bouquet of roses that Bryan brought home for me with the most precious note, I love my boy. He enjoyed telling us of all lthe men he ran into at Wal-Mart late Saturday night after he got off work, he said it was crazy there. Ashley and little David, ( Tyler's little guy) brought me some flowers on Saturday while we were all working on Bryan's Eagle Project. I can still hear my Grandma Burgess saying: "bring me flowers while I am living so I can enjoy them, do not wait till I am dead." Smart lady for sure. David and Ashley made dinner for my mother and myself, what a treat, (we had invited David's mom, she had already been invited to his brothers, we must share). It was so nice, usually Sunday is quit a hectic day for me, not on Mothers Day tho' I was able to take a nap, it was so wonderful. I am thankful for all the mothers in my life, my own mom, David's mom, my sisters, friends all those to whom I have looked for guidance through the years, I believe Mothers are truly one of the most unsung hero's of life. I can never remember hearing my mom complain about going without because of things we needed as children, of all the sleepless nights when one of the 7 of us were sick, or of the worry as we were dating and driving, she still is able to smile and laugh at what it was like with a house full of children. I love my Mom, I love my Mother in Law, I love being a Mom.
4 comments:
Sweet post. Sounds like you had a beautiful Mother's Day! You deserve it!
I'm glad you had a great mothers day! I did too :) And though I wasn't able to see my mom, she told me she had a great day filled with visitors, which is perfect for her. :) love ya.
Dad's right. We will always need you :) Love ya Mom!
Lawanna!! I found you through Bekah, it was SO good to see you the other night!
Post a Comment