Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Good things are happening.....

Ashley has been cleared by her Dr. now she can return to school, yeah!!!!! 
She will start back up on the 27th of this month and then finish up the first part of June, then on to her externship with Melody, ( a dear family friend) we are so thrilled. Life is sometimes hard and we wonder what we are to be learning, this is the hard part I believe.
Leland is starting back to school in June he is anxious to be done, (but not to have the student loans),
who can blame him? If I were a rich woman I would pay for all my childrens schooling, this is one thing I would do for sure. I am so taken back by the cost of higher education these days, with all that is going on with the economy why is it that colleges are raising their class fees?



On to something I can do something about, my garden, it is coming up nicely, I am thrilled by this, it is looking very good, things are blossoming and it looks promising.
I am in hopes of a bountiful harvest this season. Each year I try and grow more, we love eating veggies fresh from the garden. Little David loves to eat the "bean" (they are really snap peas), he loves them, as does his grandpa Burgess. Working in the garden is my time for stress release and meditation, I love it there.















We had a lovely Easter, we had our parents over for a dinner and the weather was great, we ate in the back yard, had a beautiful cake that our Ashley created, it was so so yummy. It seems that I can never really get enough family time. Our children grow up so fast and then we sit and wonder where the time has gone? I love the fact that even though 3 of our children have left home they all still come often to see us. They and David are my joys in life. Father in Heaven has blessed me so richley, and I wonder if my actions and words are enough to show him my appreciation?

1 comment:

John and Lisa said...

I hope, like you are experiencing, my kids will come back often to visit. I don't want to every "guilt" them into visiting...I just hope they WANT to come! We are on the verge of many changes...and I'm trying to brace myself for the ride. Glad to know you're loving it!