I feel like I should of written sooner, but have not been able to do so, that being said; I now can write. A week ago today Ashley was hit on the freeway while traveling home from work. So many events took place and I know that Father-in-Heaven was taking care of her and watching over her. She left work 15 minutes early, (she had worked late the day before), she was wanting to come by and visit but decided she should head home to prepare for her final that evening. These to decisions put her on the path that brought about her being hit. She was traveling in the lane next to the HOV lane going about 70mph when she saw a car in her rear view mirror, she remembers thinking to herself, dude slow down you are going to get in an accident. He went speeding by her and the next thing she knew he hit his brakes causing his car to spin, this spin threw his car into hers and she was hit head on going about 70mph and he was going faster than that. The impact sent them both across the lanes of traffic of the freeway and about 10 to 15 feet up the shoulder of the freeway on the outside. The skid marks are deeply set in the rubberized asphalt. She has no visible injuries, tho' she has been seen by her Dr. and she has a concussion and whiplash. She is blessed to say the least, this is not to say that she is not in pain, but it could of been so much worse than it is. Those of us who travel the 60 know how busy it is at all times any more, and not another vehicle was involved in the accidnet. She has had to take a leave of school because of her whiplash, but she will resume on April 6th. She was able to makeup her final she missed because of the accident and she passed with a 94% even with her concussion.
I can say with certianty that Father has been very good to her. I also can say that I do not in any way like getting phone calls from a child crying and being told that they have been hit and are needing David and or I. I am thankful and grateful to my Father-in-Heaven for his tender loving watchfulness over my little Chicky and keeping her in his care, these reminders are so powerful and help us to strengthen our testimonies of him.
4 comments:
We are so glad to hear that Ashley is ok. Hopefully, she will recover quickly and be her wonderful self again.
Wow! What a crazy thing to happen! I totally know that feeling, of "that person needs to slow down". I am so glad she is okay! I am also excited to have found your blog tonight! :) It is nice to see you.
Amazing that she had no other injuries after such a serious accident!!! (I do love air bags.) Please give her a squeeze from me and wishes for a quick recovery.
Oh Lawanna I m so glad she was ok! Heavenly Father does bless us so much. That really was a miracle to have not had any other cars involved on the 60. sheesh. Hope she feels better soon.
Post a Comment