 |
| Shaune, Susie, Jeff, Dawna, Me, Joelyn |
The first part of February I had the chance to get together with the girls I grew up with, you know the ones you giggled with while at the dances hoping that one of the" cute or neat" guys would ask you to dance, the ones you whispered with as you were going into and through puberty, the ones who let you cry when your first love did not work out, the ones you could hardly wait to talk to after your first kiss, yes you know the ones! Any way, we try to get together at least once a year, and this time it had been over 2 years since seeing some of them and a bit longer since we had all been together, it was so fun and not near long enough for us to really catch up. Susie lives up in Utah, the rest of us are scattered around Arizona, I must state that Jeff is not considered one of the "girls" Susie was just trying to get as many of us together as possible. Our lives have taken us each in a slightly different direction, Jeff and I are the only ones who have not been divorced, (man is that scary), we each have had our ups and downs, our sorrows and disappointments, but we are all survivors in my book.
Susie and I are grandmothers, Joelyn and Shaune are not too sure they ever will be, Dawna has hopes of being one, and well, Jeff will never be a grandmother!
Jeff and his wife were both with us, only she did not grow up with us. Jeff and I have birthdays that are one day apart, our Mothers shared a hospital room can you believe that? We go back a very long way to say the least. Friends are so fun and girl friends are the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment