Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tree.....

My Christmas Tree is up!!!! Yeah!!! It took some doing but with David's help and a lot of extra work we were able to put up our Christmas tree.  We used to pull out all the indoor and outdoor decorations and put them up the weekend of Thanksgiving, that has changed in the last 5 or so years as the men in my family have been doing a Dunes Trip with the Lamoreaux cousins. I certainly cannot do it by myself, seeing as how we put it all up in the attic. It has to wait, we started in on it the Tuesday after Thanksgiving only to find out that about 90% of the lights on our pre-lit tree were not working. I started looking on Wednesday for a new tree, I must of gone to 4 or 5 stores looking for a tree, we have only had our tree for 7 years, I was not really wanting a new one, I really do love the one we have. I could not find a tree I liked enough to pay the price that was being asked even with them on sale. So I called David and by the time he got home from work he had a wonderful if not painfully labor intensive solution for our none working tree lights.  We took an hour or longer with the two of us and we cut off all the old lights and then we put on our own LED lights, this way when one goes out at least the rest will still work. I must say our tree looks lovely and I am so happy to not have had to purchase a new one this year.  Since taking this picture I have added additional decorations to our tree, but I just love the look of it, seeing as how the lights are now working.

No comments: