Saturday, September 18, 2010

getting married.....

Nick & Ashley
My little girl is getting married! My little Girl is getting married! MY LITTLE GIRL IS GETTING MARRIED!!!!!  Wow! There is so much to do and to get done. I have been the mother of the groom 2 times now, this is a first and only time for me to be the mother of the bride.  I find myself wondering if I am really ready for this or not? I can honestly say that the young man she is marring is a wonderful man and we are thrilled to have him be a part of our family, and she is gaining a wonderful in law family also.  I am so thankful for this.

I am making Ashley and Nick a quilt, I have made quilts for each of my children as they have married, my Mom made a quilt for each of her children, as did her mother, so I am carrying on the tradition, every couple needs a wedding quilt. The name of it is "Grandmas Fan" it is a vintage block and I am loving it, I just hope I can really have it finished and quilted by her wedding day. (pictures will follow)

Today Ashley and I are going shopping for her wedding dress, I have always thought I would make her dress, I mean my Mom made mine, my grandma helped my mom make hers and so on, it looks like we will be buying Ashley's. I don't think she minds, I am just feeling like maybe I should be making hers, we will see how the shopping goes. (pictures will most surely follow)

I spent an hour and a half getting the bridal attendants dresses ordered, for a while there I thought we were not going to be able to get the ones Ashley wanted. Due to a very persistent sales lady at JC Penney the dresses are now, at this very moment being shipped to me, they are coming from 3 different places, but they are all on their way!! I can not express how I so badly want everything to be just so wonderful for Ashley and Nick. I have even purchased my dress and ordered another one just incase I do not like the one I already bought. I do have the right to change my mind, right?

My baby girl is getting married, saying this does not make it any less true, I just keep saying it to see if I can do so without tearing up. I am the mom and I will cry!

3 comments:

Amy from Our Dish said...

Awwwwww! Congrats to you all!
Weddings are so much fun! (and stress...)

Maybe you should/could make her veil instead? I hear they are pretty easy to do (I KNOW you could do it) and that will give you a sense of carrying on the tradition in some small way....?

John and Lisa said...

Congratulations!! Wow. Time sure skipped fast, didn't it? Hope to get an announcement??!!

✩Molly✩ said...

Congrats! When I saw the pics of your family trip with him there, I thought I might be hearing a wedding announcement here soon. :)

Ashley is such an awesome Cake maker she will probably do her own, huh? I am excited to see pictures of that, too!

Even if you do decide to make it, it would be good for her to see how certain fits LOOK on HER before deciding that she for sure wants a certain style... besides that, dresses always seem to need tweaks and alterations, especially for LDS weddings, so I am sure there will be work for you to do :)

When is their wedding date? And what are the wedding colors?