Thursday, July 22, 2010

50.....

Here I am with Tyler & Angie's little ones

So I have just this month turned the big 50!!!!! Not too sure just how I feel about this, but here are some of my thoughts on turning 50. I am told by my sweetheart that I am still HOT, and as long as he thinks so I am thrilled. (I am sure he is a little biased). I could say that there is no need to worry about getting pregnant, but I have not been able to for the last 18 years, so this has not changed. I still have not figured out how 50 is supposed to act or behave so I will continue on acting and behaving just as I always have. I refuse to have an old ladies hair cut, (believe me I have given enough of them in my line of work) I will not let my graying hair stay gray,( at least not yet), I do not and will not wear sensible shoes, I will not revert to elastic waist pants or skirts. This I refuse to do!

I have always thought the "older" folks were just careless about what they say, now I just believe some of them have figured out that there is no way in heck to make everyone happy so they just try and do what makes themselves happy!

Life is really just a new beginning at 50, let me tell you why, all of my children have now graduated from public school, so I am now onto another chapter in my life. I am free to travel a little more often with David when he is traveling for work, (very fun and nice), going school clothes shopping and getting all the supplies that are needed or requested by the teachers no longer applies to myself. I have spent the last 23 years doing this very thing! WOW!!!!

I do believe that there are some good things that come with age, I will not let the number get to me, (I kind of did the first week after my birthday), I will keep telling myself that I am only as old as I feel!!

On a lighter note, for my 50th David took me dinning and dancing, this was so great, he went all out, we were dressed to the "nines", he knows how I love to get dressed up, Ashely even told me we looked fabulous!! This was nice to hear. He then on the Sunday after my birthday had all our children here for a wonderful dinner, and I was not allowed into the kitchen at all, score!!!! I love my Man and our family!!!!! They are the BEST!!!!!

4 comments:

Amy from Our Dish said...

You definitely look and have a spirit in you of youth and vitality!!! Keep it up! :)

Have you ever seen the Saturday Night Live Skit where the lady screams "I'm FIFTY!" ?? It's beyond hilarious. Here ya go...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4129/saturday-night-live-rockettes-open-audition

✩Molly✩ said...

I am glad you had such a wonderful birthday! 50 couldn't have happened to a greater lady.

love ya.

Stephanie said...

I think you are probably the youngest looking 50 year old I've ever seen, so don't be too worried about it. No one is going to know unless you go around blabbing it. ;)

Stephanie said...

Also...because I think it will probably lift your spirits...I told Julio once that as I get older, I want to be like my Aunt Lawanna, because out of all my aunts and uncles (including my parents), she was the only one I knew that still seemed to keep up with the current fashions and was always in style...versus all the other people in my life that seemed to look the part of "old wise adult". I guess you could take that either way, but for me, I never want to look like the old out of touch adult.